May 23, 2012

Too Busy Sewing to Blog!

WOW! Where does the time go? I can't believe that it has been more than a week since I last blogged. I have been so busy that I didn't even realize how far behind I am.

I have been busy sewing and quilting. I have Matt's quilt top all sewn together-except for the last two borders. I am dragging my feet about them because I can't decide how to do the corners of the biggest border. It is a directional fabric with a rather large repeat that would look terrible if the side borders do not meet up with the top and bottom borders just right. So, now I am debating. Do I want to put a different fabric in the corners? Or do I want to make it checkerboard or 4-patch in the corner? If so, what fabrics from the quilt do I want to use? Since I am not sure how I am going to do the corners of the third border, I do not want to attach the second border yet because I may want to do something in the corners of it too......Decisions, decisions. 

Matthew was at our house on Sunday and I showed him the quilt top. He was so happy to see that it is almost finished! 

I am also almost finished with a small charity quilt that I am making. Downy fabric softener has a program called Quilts for Kids. You can click on this link to find out more information about receiving a free kit that you make into a quilt for a hospitalized child. I will post pics of mine as soon as it is finished.

I am working on my next blocks for my Summer's Last Bloom block swap. We will be mailing dark tan on cream this month.

Back to the sewing machine. Happy stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment