Jan 21, 2013

A Cute Diaper Bag

My friend Judy is about to be a grandmother again! I don't care how many times it happens-it is new and exciting with each and every grandchild. It's her daughter's first baby, so there is excitement in the air. In fact, today is the day she is supposed to have her baby! I am hoping to hear some news soon. :)

My friends have always been so kind and generous to my children and grandchildren and I like to do things for theirs too. I have had wheels spinning in my brain for a while trying to think of something that I could make. Since Judy is a quilter, and a crocheter, I knew this baby would have all the covers she needs. When Judy mentioned to me that her daughter wanted her to make a diaper bag for her, I jumped at the chance to do it for her! She already had a pattern picked out, so all I needed to do was buy the fabric and make it. Easy-peasy. 

The bag has pockets on the inside and outside, a magnetic closure and is big and roomy. It will hold lots of things for baby. I am really pleased with how it came out. I had enough fabric left over that I also made a changing pad and tucked it inside. 



When I made the changing pad, I just two put different pieces of fabric together with batting between and did a did an easy all over meandering stitch. For Christmas my friend, Anne, gave me Pinmoor and this was the perfect project to try them out. I LOVE THEM!! It was so quick and easy to pin the fabric and just as easy to remove the pins while I was quilting. I am going to buy more so that I can do larger quilts too. Here is a pic of the changing pad with the straight pins and Pinmoor. 


Happy Sewing.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you did a fantastic job. Love the colors and design. How nice of you to do that! The new mommy will be so lucky to receive this from you.

    ReplyDelete