Jan 6, 2013

Repurposing Christmas Cards

I just can't stand to throw away something that I can reuse, repurpose or recycle. So, when I saw a pin on Pinterest that showed making gift tags out of your old Christmas cards I knew I just had to do it. I went through all of our cards from this year and found 40 that I thought would work. I have some scrapbooking supplies (because at one time I thought I might like to do that as a hobby too, but that's another story), so I got out my die cutter and the two dies that I have that are for cutting tags. And here are a few that I came up with.
















These are smaller tags, cut with two different shaped dies. Several were just fussy cut off the card and I punched a hole in them.
















These are bigger tags. I love the one with the dove and the one with the button. The dimension adds a lot of interest. 

Apparently snowman cards were popular this year. I do have lots of gift bags and wrapping paper that snowman tags will be cute with.












These two tags were my faves. They look like they were made just to be repurposed into gift tags. 

I have enough tags for all my Christmas gifts for next year. All for free.

Now, back to my quilt projects. Happy Stitching. 

3 comments:

  1. I love your Christmas Gift Tags. And what a wonderful way to make use of something that you might have otherwise...thrown away. They are all so wonderful; and you have quite a selection. You have a good eye for picking just the right designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I met you in Little Quilts last week & decided to check out your blog and I've really enjoy your idea for the gift tags made from old Christmas cards. I save my cards from year to year & have quite a few. Now I know what to do with them. Thanks for the clever idea. I hope to see you on your next trip into Marietta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done this, but since I don't have a die cutter, mine never looked so good. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete