Jul 6, 2013

Quick and Easy Quilt

I was on Pinterest last week and was inspired to use some precuts to make a quick and easy quilt. I have several layer cakes that have been sitting around waiting to be sewn and decided that there is no time like the present to use one. 

I chose Fresh Cottons by Fig Tree Quilts.


I laid out the dark squares and topped them with the light ones-right sides together. 

I drew a diagonal line across the back of each light square-stacked and ready to sew.

I love chain piecing! It makes the blocks sew up so quickly.

A chain piecer's best friend is the Gypsy Cutting Gizmo.

Cut apart and ready for the next step.

All the squares are sewn and trimmed.


And here is my final quilt top-quick and easy! I love quarter square triangles almost as much as half square triangles. I started with 10" squares, but after stitching and cutting and trimming, the blocks finished at 8 1/2". The dimensions for this quilt top are 51 X 59 1/2". 

I ordered backing fabric on Friday. As soon as it arrives I am going to get this quilted. I have someone special in mind for this quilt-more about that next month. 

Happy Quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment