In January, 2013 I posted about a block swap I was doing with five friends. The pattern is from the Summer 2012 issue of Primitive Quilts and Projects and is called Carson's Courtyard.
This is the picture from the magazine. It's made in much darker colors. We made our blocks in 1930s reproductions fabrics and I love the way they came out.
I had so many blocks that I decided to make two throw quilts out of my blocks. Since each block is 11" square and I have 60 of them, 30 per quilt in a 5X6 setting is already a 55X66" quilt. Add borders and its a great size throw.
I divided my blocks into pastel and primary colors. I finished the pastel one first. I decided to do something new and different for the borders on these two quilts. I have never done prairie points before, so on the first quilt I have added them between two white borders. They are not perfect, but I think it came out pretty cute.
Now I am working on the border for the second quilt. I'll show pics of it when I get the border on it. I am enjoying finishing these tops-but I know the quilting awaits me!