Aug 15, 2014

Fish Quilt

I am about to start a new quilt-and it will be finished soon. Our youngest son, Matthew, and his wife, Elise are having their first baby in October! I'm so excited! We are going to have another granddaughter!

Matthew loves fish and salt water and coral and all things aquarium related. He has a huge aquarium in the extra bedroom that is going to be the nursery. And that HUGE aquarium is going to stay right where it is and be the theme for the baby's room. 

With that in mind I set out to find a quilt pattern with a fish theme. It didn't take me long to find this Kissing Fish pattern.  It's absolutely adorable and just what I wanted. Is this cute, or what?



It's a free pdf pattern, so I immediately downloaded and printed it. The finished size is 40 X 51" but I think I am going to make it just a little bit bigger.

When Anne and I went to Sew Much Fun after the Charlotte Quilt Show I found backing fabric and also bought 11 fat quarters to use for fishes. 


I can't wait to get started! The baby will be here in about nine weeks and the way my busy life is going lately I better get started soon! 

I'm a happy 
Grammy 

No comments:

Post a Comment