Apr 8, 2015

Red X-Stitch Quilt



My birthday was last month and I got wonderful gifts from my family and friends. And some of them were even quilting related! :)



Pam and Anne came to visit me the first week of the month and brought me a fabulous old quilt. What a wonderful gift! Anne told me that she thinks the quilt may have been made by her son-in-law's grandmother. It originally had a ruffle around the outside edge, but after soaking the quilt and getting out the stains, Anne removed the ruffle. She then passed the quilt off to Pam, who put a solid red binding on it. 



I'm tickled to death with my new old quilt. Isn't it just delicious?


Anne pointed out the very thick thread that the quilt maker used to quilt the quilt---and the fact that she didn't bury any of her knots! A lot of work went into all of the X-stitch and it's baffling to me that she wouldn't have buried her quilting knots. :) I think the "thread" she used was just too thick! But I love a quilt with a good story, or even a mystery, so I think it's so fun that the quilt isn't perfect. What it is, is perfectly beautiful!!!




This year I am re-doing my guest bedroom in red and white and this quilt is going to be a perfect accent in the room!


Thank you, Anne and Pam!! I love it!!

Happy Quilting!
Grammy

No comments:

Post a Comment