Sep 10, 2015

Nested Churn Dash


Last year lots of quilters were making Nested Churn Dash quilts and posting the pictures on their blogs, Instagram and Flicker. I am always a day late and a dollar short, so I am finally getting around to making one now. I guess, better late than never??

I have a new love for bright fabrics so that is what I'm using for my NCD quilt. These are my first thought-I may change one or two, here or there.



Those fabrics are really busy, but I didn't want to use a solid white with them, so I picked polka dots! I found three that I needed at my favorite quilt shop and the other three on line.

Here is my first block! I love it and I am so excited about making this quilt!! This block is a whopping 24" square so it's only going to take 9 blocks and a little sashing to make a big quilt. 


I found all the information I needed to get started here at Quilt Jane's Nested Churn Dash quilt along. Just in case you missed it last year too.  :)

Happy Quilting!!

3 comments:

  1. Nice design, I haven't seen that before. Will be lovely in the brights you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big blocks but yet full of interest. I have not seen this design with so many churn dashes within each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better late than never ...you're right !!
    This first block is sooo cute and I really love your choice of fabrics !!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete